Friday, July 11, 2008

Camp Union

Over this past week, I have been a camp councilor at Camp Union, in Union County (Ohio). It was my first time ever at camp. And man was it great!!!

It was a non-denominational camp for 2-4 graders. There was no talking about doctrine, just about Jesus and God. It was amazing!!!

I don't even know where to begin. The first night there, we dealt with a lot of homesickness. It seems like none of the campers would do anything because they already miss mom and dad.

That night, I was asked to lead the campfire devotion. I did it on Matthew 6 where Jesus talks about how we don't have to worry. Some of the things I talked about is: how great our God is, how we don't have to worry about mom and dad, school, family problems or anything like that. Why? Because we have an AWESOME God who will take care of that for us!

The rest of the week was a lot of fun. We played games, made crafts, had chapel and just had a great time! The last night we where there it was my turn to lead the devotion for the 14 guys in our dorm. I spent about 4 hours making costumes for the guys in the dorm. I made the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18) for the guys out of cardboard.

That night we went over the armor of God and they got to keep their belt of Truth, breastplate of Righteousness, shield of Faith, helmet of Salvation and sword of the Spirit. They absolutely loved it!

I can't wait to go to another camp!!!

No comments: