Monday, June 29, 2009

Ignite Your Torch 2009

Sorry it has taken so long to write about Ignite Your Torch. I have been very busy with a lot going on.

IYT 2009 was very different this year from any other year. We held it at St. Catharine's College http://www.sccky.edu/. On top of that, the conference was a Saturday to Tuesday, instead of the normal Thursday to Sunday. Because of this, we couldn't pray at the abortion clinic, but not to worry, other great things happened!

It started off a little slow. Most of the time we didn't have air-conditioning and it was hard for people to pay attention. It wasn't until on Sunday that the mood changed! We had the Arch-bishop of Louisville come and celebrate Mass with us, and then led the Corpus Christi procession.

Later on that Sunday, I gave a very brief testimony of how this conference helped me convert and helped me discover my vocation to the priesthood. I also realized, that it was 3 years ago from Corpus Christi Eve that I was at my first "Ignite" and I met Jesus for the first time in the Eucharist! It was less than a year later that I entered the Catholic Church!

We had Adoration, Confessions, Mass, Workshops and much more this year at Ignite. It really was a powerful conference! After talking with a lot of the youth and chaperones, I felt that many of them have taken their relationship to the next level with our Lord and Savior!



For more info on Ignite Your Torch please go to www.igniteyourtorch.org you will be able to find some slide shows of past Ignites and information on future ones!

No comments: