Thursday, November 13, 2008

I want to learn the TRUTH!!!!!!

As many of you know, I grew up without going to church. However, when I started going to church it was the Baptist Church. One of the things that I was taught in the church was the Rapture. This is something I have believed all of my "churched" life. It wasn't until just a few weeks ago that I found out that the Catholic Church does not believe in the Rapture and that the Rapture is a fairly new doctrine (and if I might add un-Biblical).

I was heartbroken to hear this and to find out. Although I am a student here at Liberty University (very pro-Rapture) I faced with this lie and heresy just about every day. After doing some research I have found that the verses used to support this doctrine are taken out of context (either out of context in the Bible or in the time that it was written).

The same thing happened to me in the Protestant Church with communion. What else is there? I feel like I have been/am being lied to. Oh man, I can't wait to graduate and enter the seminary.

I WANT TO LEARN TRUTH!!! NOT LIES!!!!!

No comments: