Monday, October 20, 2008

Update October 13-19


I want to start off by apologizing for it being so long. And also welcoming the new people who are just joining this update list! I can't believe how big this list is getting...It started out my first year here at Liberty with just the ones from Louisville/New Hope, KY (3 or 4 people) and I probably sent just a few a semester (unless I had questions about the Catholic Church), to now where we have over 50 people and it is every week! We serve a great God!!!

What an interesting and exciting week!

On Tuesday I went to a Holy Spirit (Charismatic) prayer group. It was different from what I am used to, but I did enjoy it! There I met a man from Kenya, he is a principal of a school there. What an amazing guy!!! He is here in America trying to raise support for his school. He will actually be speaking in chapel here at Liberty, this upcoming week. His name is Patrick and here is some of his websites incase you feel lead to donate or find out more info about him and the school: https://webmail.liberty.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=f65a97cd7f5647eb97815be283be6aaa&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.newsfrommcc.blogspot.com%2f and https://webmail.liberty.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=f65a97cd7f5647eb97815be283be6aaa&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.mercycarecentre.com%2f anything you give to the second site is tax deductable!

On Wednesday we prayed the Rosary at the chapel at St. Thomas More, then Jake and I went to Lynchburg College to hang out with the Catholic Campus Ministry there (free ice-cream). That was a very fun and interesting night. I wish I got to spend more time over there (I did my internship with them last school year), but this year most of the time is spent with the Catholic's at Liberty.

On Thursday a small group of us got together in the chapel and prayed the Rosary for Liberty University (founder, students and the whole campus). It was great! Thank you all by the way that prayed with us at 7 pm (no matter where you were in the country)! It's amazing to think that pray can and does bring us all together!!!

After the Rosary on Thursday we had our weekly dinner. We had a nice turnout for it. I think it was the longest time we spent together for dinner. Even though not everyone could make it (due to last minute study groups), it was a lot of fun. We actually decided to throw a cook-out this Sunday after Mass and just have a chance to hang out.

On Friday, we planned on going down to Danville to hear Josh Johnson's testimony at Theology on Tap. As many of you know, those plans ended up changing at the last minute. (Thank you to everyone who kept Josh and Katie in your prayers)!!! Since there was a last minute emergency with Josh and Katie, I ended up giving my testimony at ToT. It was a lot of fun, and I think it really inspired the people who came! (Side note: Cincinnati got a new Archbishop!!! https://webmail.liberty.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=f65a97cd7f5647eb97815be283be6aaa&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.catholiccincinnati.org%2findex.php%3foption%3dcom_content%26task%3dview%26id%3d434%26Itemid%3d1023)

On Saturday, I spent most of the day with Juan and Jake. We went to Wal-Mart to buy the food for the cook-out (never let 3 guys go buy food with no list, it was horrible! We spent 3 hours in Wal-Mart). After going shopping, we went to the football game. Liberty was 6-0 this season, but ended up losing the game. So the three of us went to grab some dinner, and came back to watch the women's soccer game. They WON!!! And Maria scored in the beginning!!! After the game Antonio, Kristi and I hung out for awhile.

Then today (Sunday), we went to Mass and had our cook-out (I have attached pictures). It was a great time! We stayed for probably 3 or 4 hours. It was a lot of fun!

The only other thing I want to say is that on Saturday we met another Catholic at Liberty! He is on the football team and we just keep meeting more and more!!! Thank you for the prayers, and please keep praying for us!!!

God bless,
Chris Osgood

No comments: