Sunday, October 12, 2008

WHAT AN AWESOME WEEK!!!!


Greetings!

I know I say this just about each week, but WOW, what a great week!

Tuesday night we had a dinner with the Catholic Students on campus, and it was a small group that showed up, but a new person came! It is a funny story, her roommate is dating my friend Jon (who wants to become Catholic), and they found out she was Catholic, so they brought her to the dinner!


Then on Wed. there was a girls soccer game, so they were aloud to miss classes on wed. So Maria came to daily Mass with me and there we met another Liberty Student (Jeremy) he is on the basketball team. So this week alone, we have met 2 more Catholic's on campus! We just keep growing!!!

Then on Friday and Saturday, Josh and I went to Mount St. Mary's in Emmetsburg, MD for a Marian Symposium. It was a lot of information on Mary, but very fun! I will say that the Arch-bishop of Baltimore is AMAZING!!! He did the Mass on Friday and it was the most beautiful Mass I have been apart of! There was just something about Arch-bishop O'Brien that I can't even explain into words. The only way I can put it, is that when he walked into the room, it seemed as if Jesus Himself walked in. WOW!!!

After the Mass, he consecrated the grounds of Mount St. Mary's to our blessed mother Mary! After that, Josh and I got a chance to get our picture taken with him (I have attached it).

Josh and I also went to both shrines there and learned a lot about America's FIRST saint, Elizabeth Ann Seton.

Other than that, we went to confession with Msgr. Magee. It was the most powerful confession I have been to yet! And I just can't put it into words.

AS FOR THIS UPCOMING WEEK, WE ARE GETTING THE STUDENTS TO PRAY THE ROSARY ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT JERRY FALWELL'S GRAVE SITE. WE ARE PRAYING FOR HIS SOUL IN PURGATORY. I ASK THAT YOU ALL TOO WILL JOIN US BY PRAYING FOR HIS SOUL ON THURSDAY!

No comments: