Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last update from Liberty!

Greetings from Kentucky!!!

I am sorry for the late update, and I do apologize that this will be a longer update with no links to the blog.  I have been very busy this week!

Most of last week was spent with friends, studying and packing.  On Wednesday I had lunch with one of my professors (I had to read an anti-Catholic book for extra credit).  Well, during the lunch, we didn't talk to much about the book, instead he was asking questions about Catholicism and what would it take for me to leave the Catholic Church.  It was a long but interesting conversation and I think I made it clear that I will not leave the Church.

On Thursday I went to the prison for a volunteer lunch they had.  We didn't get to see any of the prisoners, but it was still fun.  After that, I went to the retreat center and helped Deacon out with some things.  Then my family came into town!  So we met up and spent some time together.

Friday, I realized that I forgot to do some quizzes for one of my classes, so I did them real fast and then went to the party!  There was a really good turn out for the party (and I hope that all of you who came had a lot of fun)!  It was tough saying good-bye to people, but I know I will be back to visit!

Then on Saturday I GRADUATED!!!  The graduation was a lot of fun (but way to long, I mean, they made me skip lunch...).  A funny thing happened when they gave me my piece of paper (not diploma).  Dr. Towns (co-founder of Liberty) was handing out the pieces of paper and asked everyone, "What are you going to do now?"  When he asked me, I told him, "I am thinking about becoming a Catholic priest."  He busted out laughing (he had no idea I was really Catholic).

Then when I got off the stage, there were 4 anti-Catholic professors that I had, that jumped right up and came over to me and said, "Congratulations!  We are so glad you are graduating!"  I thought that was hilarious.  Only 1 professor that congratulated me was really happy that I made it through Liberty, the rest were happy to get rid of me.

Well, that is about all I can remember from last week.  I do have a lot of pictures, so I will put them up on my blog later on this week and send them out in the next update.

-- 
In Christ,
Chris Osgood

No comments: