Sunday, May 24, 2009

Update from SC

Greetings from Greenville, SC!!!

What a good week it has been!

I spent the week with my family (most especially my niece).

On Tuesday I met with Fr. Kyle and we were talking about the seminary and what is going to happen this fall.

I had to work on Wed. (not many people get paid to go swimming. I was cleaning the pool).

On Thursday I spoke at Theology on Tap in Dayton, and it was very interesting. I thought I was going to get punched, but luckily I didn't: http://christopherosgood.blogspot.com/2009/05/theology-on-tap_23.html

Also on Thursday, I went down to the seminary and had lunch with some of the men down there. I also spoke with Fr. Smith (the rector) about this fall. It went very well!

Then on Friday, I started heading down to Greenville, SC to stay with my friend for the weekend (it is the meeting point for all of us). The cool thing about the drive down, was that my sister and her friends where driving home from SC (her boyfriend graduated from basic), and we saw each other on the highway in NC, so we waved to each other. Tomorrow, we are all going to Charleston, SC for the beach! It is our last time together before most of us split off into different directions.

Since I have been down here, we have just hung out, gone swimming, fishing and eat (man do they love cooking and eating down in the south)!!!

Today, I went to St. Mary's Catholic Church for Mass. It was one of the most beautiful Masses I have gone to! After Mass, we came back to Jon's and watched a movie, then we went over and visited with Fr. Longenecker. (There will be pictures next week, when I have my laptop to put them on).

If you didn't see the pictures from graduation, you can see them here: http://christopherosgood.blogspot.com/2009/05/pictures-from-graduation.html

I won't be able to respond to your emails until next weekend. But I will be praying for you, and please pray for me!

-- In Christ,
Chris Osgood

No comments: