Friday, January 9, 2009

R.I.P. Chief Dalton


Yesterday, while I was in my philosophy class, I got a text message letting me know that Mr. Dalton past away earlier on this week. It was really hard for me to pay attention the rest of class, because I thought of all the great memories I had with him.
The picture on the left is of his son Greg (his son and a good friend of mine that graduated with me from high school) and Mr. Larry Dalton (better known as Chief). Mr. Dalton was a retired fire chief and very active in the community. He could and would make anyone smile at any point in the day.
I will never forget when I played baseball with Greg, and Mr. Dalton would always drive us to the games and help us out with our hitting, catching and throwing. And whenever I would strike out, I would just look at him and he would make me smile somehow.
The viewing was yesterday and the funeral was this morning. I was very upset that I could not make it to either (due to my classes in VA). My mother and youngest sister went to the viewing last night and said that there were a lot of people there (which did not surprise me) and today at the funeral my former Baptist Pastor (who was also a fire chief) did a fireman's funeral.
Mr. Dalton had a very important part in life and a big part of my baseball memories and will be greatly missed!
Please pray for the soul of Larry "Chief" Dalton and for his family (wife and 2 sons).

No comments: