Friday, March 6, 2009

Life of Christ Class almost got it right!

I couldn't believe it! Yesterday, I was in my Life of Christ class, and it was actually the best class I have been in my entire time at Liberty. The only problem...I had to keep my mouth shut.

You see, we were talking about the "Kingdom is at hand". And the professor kept asking what is the kingdom? Everyone was saying that Christ was the King (but that didn't answer the question). Then some students said, heaven, the millennial kingdom and a few other things.

The whole time I was thinking THE CHURCH!!! But, I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to start anything. But then, out of no-where the professor said, the church is the kingdom.

WHAT?! You have to be kidding me! Ok, so now I am just wanting to ask who is leading the Church? (But once again, I had to keep my mouth shut).

They went on to talk about how Christ would sit on the throne of David and that it would become the Church. At this point I was just really wanting to say that Peter was put in charge till Christ returns and this is how we got the Pope, but we didn't have enough time in class.

Plus, I don't think it would have been the smart thing to do. This was the best class I have been in at Liberty (just that day in this class), but I had to keep my mouth shut. We have to ease them in, not just blow them away all at once.

No comments: