I have posted the Lectio Divina for lent on our website at: http://www.carmelites.net/prayer/lent.html
Below are some suggestions for your prayer time using the Lectio Divina:
- Say an opening prayer, invoking the Holy Spirit.
- Slowly and attentively read the text.
- Take a moment of interior silence, to recall what you have read.
- Look at the meaning of each phrase.
- Bring the word into the present, ponder it, in relation to your life.
- Broaden your vision by relating this text to other biblical texts.
- Read the text again as a prayer, giving a response to God.
- Formulate a commitment in your life based on the text.
- Pray a suitable Psalm.
May you find comfort in the word of God and know that He is present to you every day. Pray for his guidance in helping you to determine his special path for you.