Saturday, April 4, 2009

What Holy Week means to me:

Holy Week is coming up. In fact, it starts tomorrow with Palm Sunday! This is a very special time in the Church and arguably the most important time in the Church (along with Christmas).

This week makes us who we are! Because of this week we are able to call ourselves Christians! It is the last week of our Lord and Savior before He is put to death.

This week also has another meaning (at least for me). It is my 2nd year anniversary of being Catholic!!! It was only 2 years ago that I came into the Catholic Church. It was a week that I almost (and I was very close) to giving up on school, my faith and especially the Catholic Church. Not because of any Catholics though, but mostly because of the people here at Liberty.

But thanks be to God for all of the prayers that people prayed for me. I can say that throughout Holy Week, I actually felt the prayers that people where offering up for me. Because of that, I am where I am today.

Holy Week 2007 for me was my persecution and trials. Now I know that our Lord went through so much more, but it is just one small way that I can relate to His suffering.

Let us truly thank God for what this week, and what it means to us. This week makes us who we are, and none of us would be here if it wasn't for this week! (I would not be at Liberty, this blog wouldn't be here, there would be no churches, all of the ministers would be doing something else), this week made all of this happen. If this week never happened, there would be no Christianity today.

PRAISE GOD FOR HOLY WEEK!!!

No comments: