Saturday, February 28, 2009

The day is only half over.

This morning I was blessed to help out with Habitat for Humanity. We started at 8 am and worked till about 2:45 pm.

They had us work on a house that someone donated to fix up and sell. The money from this house will go to the next 2 houses they build (if I heard right).

I think today was the day that Liberty Students were supposed to help. We had about 4 (including myself) from Catholic Community, then a couple from Air Force ROTC and Army ROTC. Then, just a few other students.

It was a lot of fun! But very tiring. I did try to conquer one of my fears today (heights). I ended up going up on the roof to help paint, it was a good thing the painting was almost done by the time I got up there. Then we had to take down one of those lift things that was on the roof (and that was scary).

Overall, it was a great experience, and now I am off to take a shower then go to Prison Ministry!

No comments: