Saturday, February 28, 2009

A great end to a long day!

Well, for the second half of my day today (Prison Ministry) was great as always. In fact, I would have to say that this was the best one yet!

The Homily by Deacon Cartwright was amazing, it was one of the best I have ever heard! He talked about the different types of temptations that we go through. He also said that Christ never tried to lead us to the Truth, a good life, faith or anything else, but instead Christ said He was all of that and more!

The homily really touched me when He was talking about discerning God's will. And about how we all have freedom of choice. It was just really impacting and very well done. I told Deacon that it was a great homily and he said that he spent a lot of time working on it. And trust me, I could tell!

Besides the homily, I was able to talk to one of the men there, and he is getting out in 15 days (after serving 20 years). I won't see him again because I am going home for spring break, but all I can say is that he has helped me grow in my faith (just from the 3 times I have met him). I have never seen anyone pray with so much passion! Just about every time he prayers the Rosary, he starts to get choked up, and it is beautiful.

After we left the prison, we went to have dinner (as usual), and it was just a great time to hang out with friends!

No comments: